Basket Weaving: LGI March therapeutic event
Time & Location
About the Event
- Weaving is an activity the first human beings on earth did together.
- ALL cultures on earth have basket weaving traditions that date back before the times of Gilgamesh. Indigenous tribes on every continent, including Australia and America were involved in basket weaving.
- Basket weaving is an activity that offers the weaver relaxation and satisfaction, that invites calm & peace.
- By working with your hands, you engage the mind in a different fashion.
- Matthew Crawford, in his book 'The Case for Working with Your Hands', the satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world thorugh manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy.
The March Monthly Therapeutic event is led by our Karna Kurata. Usually she is behind the camera documenting our families & editing film, but this month she will share with us her creative, artistic self. When not behind the camera, Karna enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, working towards zero waste & is active in social justice. Let Grace In is so very grateful to have her part of our Ohana.
PLEASE RSVP TO THE EVENT SO WE CAN GET YOU A BOX OF SUPPLIES MAILED OUT OR DELIVERED TO YOU! THERE WE HAVE ENOUGH SUPPLIES TO INVITE 10 FAMILIES TO THIS EVENT! MAHALO!